ISOStart demo software is compatible with Windows. These instructions are provided to solve possible problems when initially connecting NFC Encoder reader/writer device with ISOStart.
* Installation of the USB driver by running the installation program from CD-ROM driver folder.
* Installation of ISOStart
* NFC Encoder reader device with USB connection
ISOStart settings and initial testing
Start ISOStart software
0. You may try possible automatical detection of reader.
If detection is not successful, proceed following these instructions.
1. Choose Options (upper menu bar) --> Program...,
* Choose the COM port to be scanned (normally something else than COM 1)
* Leave "Automatic search ..." and "Show HexBar..." selected and "Use advanced..." not-selected
2. Choose Options --> COM-Port
* From settings column select correct COM port and click "Open port".
* Press OK
3. Choose Detect
* Go throught the detection process
* Note: Always keep the "Read the complete Reader Configuration" selected during detection process
4. Testing the reader
* Use the "Test and Measurement" tool (Test / ISO Inventory) for initial testing
How to check the correct virtual COM port
Virtual COM port is normally something between 2 and 255.
Detect the COM port via Windows control panel:
* Control Panel --> System --> (System properties) --> Hardware --> Device manager
* See Ports (COM & LPT)
* E.g. USB Serial Port (COM19)
* Use this port number (in this example 19) in ISOStart
Back to support page.